It’s no surprise we’re big fans of having a marketing strategy here at Sherpa Digital. But, they’re often seen as a ‘nice to have’ and something thats often not given a second thought.
No matter what the size of your business, whether you’re a sole trader, operating from the kitchen table through to employing hundreds of people, a marketing strategy will honestly save you wasted time and money.
Here’s our top 10 reasons you should seriously consider getting a marketing strategy in 2019.
- Your marketing strategy will provide you with direction and focus, ensuring you concentrate your efforts on only activities that will drive sales and brand awareness.
- It will give you a picture of whats currently happening in your sector as the strategy will contain a SWOT analysis.
- Most of your competition won’t have one! It will give you a much needed edge over your competitors.
- It will bring together your mission statement, objectives and vision into effective marketing initiatives.
- It will focus your mind on WHO you should be targeting and WHERE you can find them.
- It will help you to increase sales and profits by focusing on reducing acquisition costs.
- It will uncover new marketing channels you hadn’t considered.
- You can’t have a plan without a strategy, the strategy powers the marketing plan
- You can budget your finances better inline with the business objectives.
- You know whether you’re being successful. The strategy will outline key objectives and KPIs and ways you can measure success.
A marketing strategy should be an enjoyable process with lots of lightbulb moments along the way. It doesn’t need to be a 50 page diatribe, but should be a lean, agile document that’s alive in your business to help guide your marketing planning.